Sunday, November 9, 2008

knock knock...who's that?

Nowadays, each loud knock on the door…will always make me and my roommate look at each other for a moment…and quickly unplugged all the electrical appliances. We learnt from our mistake the other day.
I remembered it was on Thursday…suddenly there was a knock on the door. It was the hostel dean, and commandant and a fireman…they were here to check the electrical appliances that we are using. Something very awful happened. The fireman confiscated our electrical kettle. Actually, I guess my roomy misunderstood his question, when he asked us where do we use this kettle. She pointed the plug nearby the kettle, and obviously he concluded that we are using the kettle in the room. And that’s it…we could not prepare hot drinks for breakfast the next day.
Anyways, she managed to claim back from the hostel dean the following day by writing a petition and promise not to repeat the mistake again. I mean, the hostel dean actually allowed us to use in the room, but, whenever the fireman comes for spot-check…we should know what to tell the fellow.

No comments: