Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy Women's Day.

Tomorrow 8th of March, is a holiday in Russia. Holiday means no class for the day. Ah, finally, there is a day that I can wake up a lil’ later than the usual time. This holiday is in conjunction with the Women’s day celebration. No wonder, today, as I walked along the Lenin Street, there were many old lady selling flowers. There were different kind of flowers; there were roses, carnations and etc. Those flowers were sold with extraordinary price.
My group mates bought a bouquet of rose for our dermatology teacher, which cost about 270 Rb. It wasn’t only our group, there were many students did the same thing too.
I remembered when I was in “padfak” (preparatory course), my Russian Language teacher, Madam Nelly, told me that it is a tradition in Russia, where students buy flowers and chocolates for their female teacher. This is to respect and express our gratitude to them. Same thing goes to those who are in the relationships, where the boyfriends will get something special for their girlfriends and the husbands will prepare something meaningful for their wives.

So, Happy Women’s Day to all the women in the world! God bless you. J

No comments: