Thursday, March 6, 2008

WHY MUST ONE SMOKE???

Today, after lecture, I came back to the hostel with the transport that is provided by the university. Well, after waited for around half and hour, the driver came in to the van, and I thought. “Yes, will be back to my room soon!” But, things didn’t turn out that way. Instead, the driver came in to the van, and started to take his cigarette out and put it between his lips, and started to smoke… can you imagine, he was smoking in the van, without winding down the windows. No ventilation. A few of my friends and I got so suffocated inside. He didn’t even bother to think twice, the consequences of his action made us to be a smoker too, the passive smoker, I mean… I got very irritated with him. After smoking, he went down from the van, and gave us a lame excuse, that, the van is not full yet, there were still vacancies...we told him that we were the last batch for the day, however he didn’t even bother to listen… so, have to wait some more… One of my friends then, opened the window at the roof of the van… Ah, fresh AIR!!!
After some minutes, the driver came, and asked us so rudely, why did we opened the window…we kept silence. He then drove us back. On the way to the hostel, there was a massive traffic jam and we were caught in the jam. The driver again took out another cigarette and smoke.
I just can’t understand, what is so great to smoke, when everybody knows that smoking kills.

No comments: