Friday, May 2, 2008

Barbeque…near hostel

As summer is approaching, the common activities done by the people over here is to have a picnic or a barbeque. Since today is a holiday for us, in conjunction with the Labor Day, we then, decided to have a barbeque. Guess what, it was not held by the river side, or any park as all the people here will do. We had the barbeque, just right in front of our hostel, at the compound. Well, I should thank GOD that we made the right choice of having it near the hostel, as there were many stuffs that we forgot to bring, example like the ketchup and chili sauce; the tissue paper and aluminum foil. I have to run up to the hostel to get those stuffs. Anyhow, everyone was very excited about it. Sam and Vanessa prepared fried rice, Kung Kung prepared the drinks – lemon tea, and also setting up the fire together with Eujack and Sia Rou’s brother, H.Kee, while Sia Rou herself, prepared salad. Me? Well, me; of course my specialty -the Char Mee/ fried noodles. {If you are interested about the recipe, do scroll down a little, as I’ve posted it on 210408.} I prepared this dish together with my dear.
While we were enjoying our day, there were few Russian Kids came, and kind of curious of what are we actually doing. Hmm, they must be wondering, why are those people doing the barbeque here…
Anyways, we chose to ignore them, and continue with our activities.
Dear was helping us to maintain the fire, by fanning the coals, while the rest were preparing the chicken wings and potatoes as well as sausages to be barbequed.
Before we ended the barbeque, Sam brought out her mash mallow; I was kind of surprised, as in; mash mallow for barbeque? I was clueless. She then showed me, the new way of eating the mash mallow. Emm ...it’s a new and nice way of eating mash mallow. Well, the taste was like eating durian or some regarded it as eating a sponge.
Basically, I enjoyed the time very much especially with jokes and laughter around.

No comments: